All current subscribers are able to download and save past and current issues of Practical Sailor to most devices. Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to easily access complete, full color issues in PDF format.
1) On your device, log into the site using your Practical Sailor Subscriber username and password.
2) On the right-hand side (Under "Current Issue") click the link "Back issue Archive."
3) Select the issue of Practical Sailor that you want to download.
4) On the right hand side, click the link "Download this Issue." If the link for "Download this Issue" does not appear it is either because you are not logged in or because our system does not recognize your account as being linked to a paid subscription. To link your account click here. Once linked, return to this page to download issue.
5) Downloading a full issue can take a few minutes depending on your internet connection, so please be patient. Once it loads in your browser, you are best to save it on your device so that you can access it at any time off line for viewing. The directions for doing this vary depending on the device you are on.
|For iPad, iPhone and other apple devices, we suggest using the built in app iBooks to view and store your issues. The directions for doing this can be found at the following link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4227|
|For Android tablets and phones, (including Samsung Galaxy, Kindle Fire, Nexus, etc) once you download the PDF, you will save it to your download directory for later viewing. More information on this can be found at http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2587550 or by looking at the instructions for your specific device|
|On a computer (Mac or PC), you can save the file to your downloads directory, your desktop or any folder you choose. The specific directions for this will be different depending on the browser you are using. If you are not familiar with the process you can search on-line for instructions for your specific browser (Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox, etc)|
by Drew Frye on March 06, 2019
A respirator cant protect you if it doesnt fit your face. Its that simple. Anything that prevents a good sealwhether facial hair or a hollow under the side of your jawis unacceptable. In a workplace this fit test will be performed in a very rigid manner by a trained technician. However, for the sailor/occasional boat yard worker, we offer this shortcut procedure that is far better than nothing.
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)